If you are choosing between GSI and other companies please consider the following:
- Ask if they have the in-house expertise to properly install, setup, program and support what they sell.
- Ask if they have appropriate state and/or local licenses, if required.
- Ask if they are properly and adequately insured and what their insurance limits are. Improperly insured companies put you at risk.
- Ask for the location of their primary place of business.
- Ask if they conduct any pre-employment screening.
- Contact your local police department’s Crime Prevention Department, state licensing agencies, Consumer Protection Agencies, and the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask for references.
GSI is Licensed in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. (visit our licensing section for more details). In addition to being authorized dealers for various manufacturers, GSI has the following additional manufacturer certifications:
- Crestron Elite Partner
- Crestron DMC-E (Digital Media Certified Engineer)
- Crestron DMC-D (Digital Media Certified Designer)
- Crestron DMC-T (Digital Media Certified Technician)
- Crestron Lighting Controls System Programmer
- Vantage Controls Certified Dealer
- Siemens VAP (Value Added Partner)
- Keltron Life Safety Systems Certified Dealer
All of our employees are directed and supervised by our executive team. They must all pass a criminal background check as well as random drug testing. Our employees are trained and certified by industry accredited programs and hold any one or more of the following:
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- OSHA 10-hour Course
- NTS Technician Certification
- NICET Certification
- NFPA membership
GSI strongly supports the development and enforcement of effective state licensing laws that require pre-employment background checks, among other measures.